MACS ROCK!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MACS ROCK! discusses all things APPLE MAC

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ultimate Leopard for iPhone
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:08 pm by Bear Hunter

» Cool sites
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:52 pm by Admin

» Apple is looking beyond Multi-Touch
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:52 pm by iMacoo7

» Supposed iPod nano 4G really unboxed
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:14 am by iMacoo7

» PWnage 2.0 & later
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:16 am by iMacoo7

» Apple Rejecting Apps Based on 'Limited Utility'
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:05 am by iMacoo7

» Analyst: Apple mulling ow-cost ‘iPod phone’
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:56 am by iMacoo7

» Apple applies for ‘Cocoa Touch’ trademark for iPhone
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:54 am by iMacoo7

» RUMOR: iPod nano 4G, touch 2G dimensions revealed?
Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:28 pm by iMacoo7

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Empty
PostSubject: Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again   Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:00 pm

"Mr. Jobs first discovered he had an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor — which is both rarer and less deadly than other forms of pancreatic cancer — in October 2003. This was a full nine months before he had the surgery to remove it. Why did he wait so long? Because, according to a Fortune magazine article published in May, Mr. Jobs was hoping to beat the cancer with a special diet," Joe Nocera reports for The New York Times.

"The Apple directors who knew the gravity of the situation urged him to undergo surgery, according to the Fortune article. But it was only when Mr. Jobs realized that the tumor was growing that he finally agreed. And only after the surgery was successful did he inform employees that he had been sick, in an e-mail message in which he declared himself 'cured.' That’s how Apple’s shareholders found out, too. The company has never spoken about his illness, citing his 'privacy' concerns," Nocera reports.

"I bring this up because of what transpired on Monday afternoon, during Apple’s third-quarter conference call... 'Steve loves Apple,' replied Peter Oppenheimer, the company’s chief financial officer. 'He serves as the C.E.O. at the pleasure of Apple’s board and has no plans to leave Apple. Steve’s health is a private matter.' That was it. No insistence that he was cancer-free. No attempt to explain his gaunt condition. No nothing," Nocera whines.

"But if ever there was a chief executive who ought to feel some responsibility to tell shareholders about his health, it is Steve Jobs. First of all, he is not like other chief executives — he is, instead, the single most indispensable chief executive on the planet... Secondly, Mr. Jobs has had cancer, for crying out loud — and in the public mind, a particularly insidious kind."

MacDailyNews Take: Joe, the public mind also choses the inferior Windows over Macintosh. "The public mind" isn't worth a bucket of warm piss. You'd report "piss" as "spit," Joe, you pantywaist. (Thanks, Cactus Jack.) Jobs type of cancer was "the good kind of pancreatic cancer," if you want us to dumb it down enough for "the public mind" to attempt to grasp.

Nocera continues, "The final reason, to be blunt about it, is that Apple simply can’t be trusted to tell truth about its chief executive."

MacDailyNews Take: Oh, really? The SEC requires companies to disclose that which may be of material impact to the company. What are you suggesting, Joe? Do you have any proof whatsoever - we mean, besides a NY tabloid with zero journalistic reputation passing along "concerns" from likely stock market manipulators? You're no better than a NY Post reporter, Joe. In fact you may even be worse.

Nocera continues, "On Wednesday, John Markoff reported in The New York Times that Mr. Jobs had had a surgical procedure earlier this year, the details of which remain unclear. I hear that he has had ongoing digestive difficulties, which have contributed to his weight loss — possibly a side effect of the surgery."

MacDailyNews Take: Which would explain why he looked thin, Joe. In other words: the explanation for ths whole "Is Steve Jobs sick?" brouhaha, Joe. Hey, Joe. when are you going to report something we haven't heard 500 times already? Or is your piece not designed to convey news, but rather to serve another purpose?

Nocera continues, "On Thursday afternoon, several hours after I’d gotten my final 'Steve’s health is a private matter' — and much to my amazement — Mr. Jobs called me. 'This is Steve Jobs,' he began. 'You think I’m an arrogant [expletive] who thinks he’s above the law, and I think you’re a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong.' After that rather arresting opening, he went on to say that he would give me some details about his recent health problems, but only if I would agree to keep them off the record. Because the conversation was off the record, I cannot disclose what Mr. Jobs told me. Suffice it to say that I didn’t hear anything that contradicted the reporting that John Markoff and I did this week. While his health problems amounted to a good deal more than “a common bug,” they weren’t life-threatening and he doesn’t have a recurrence of cancer."

MacDailyNews Take: Hey, Joe, take it to heart, Jobs isn't alone in thinking you're a "slime bucket." You've reported nothing new, Joe. You've just kept a manufactured stock price depressing story alive for a bit longer. Is that what you intented, you slime bucket?
This article is compliments of mac daily news
Back to top Go down

Slimy NY Times writer rehashes Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ health concerns yet again
Page 1 of 1